Dog Tales is a dog rescue and horse sanctuary like no other in the world!
Running a rescue is hard work, and we can always use extra help! Whether you want to get down and dirty on the farm, or cuddling and walking canines is your preference, there are a variety of volunteer positions and shifts available. We are most in need of evening shifts.
Download and complete our Volunteer Application Form
1. Completed application
2. Current resume
3. A cover letter expressing why you want to volunteer at Dog Tales!
Please note: Volunteer applications are processed on a regular basis. Suitable candidates will be contacted for entry into the on-boarding program, which includes:
1. Interview with staff/senior volunteer
2. Theoretical and practical orientations
3. Skills evaluation and ranking
4. Police check
5. For dog volunteers: purchase of a $30 starting kit, containing leash, gentle leader and poop
bags (approved personal equipment may be used)
6. Shadow shift with a senior volunteer
- For insurance reasons, volunteers must be 18 years or older
- We require a minimum commitment of 3-4 hours per week (excluding personal vacation). This benefits the animals in that they become familiar with our volunteers and learn to trust them
Please note: Running a rescue is hard work, and we can always use an extra set of hands. Whether you want to get down and dirty on the farm, or simply cuddle with some dogs, there are a variety of volunteer positions available. Many of our animals have never known love or kindness, only fear and pain. You can make a big difference by showing them that interacting with people can be a happy, positive experience.