Dog Tales is a dog rescue and horse sanctuary like no other in the world!
Running a rescue is hard work, and we can always use extra help! Whether you want to get down and dirty on the farm, or cuddling and walking canines is your preference, there are a variety of volunteer positions and shifts available. We are most in need of evening shifts.
Many of our animals have never known love or kindness; only fear and pain. You can make a big difference in their lives by showing them that interacting with people can be a happy, positive experience.
Download and complete our Volunteer Application Form
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Completed application
2. Current resume
3. A cover letter expressing why you want to volunteer at Dog Tales!
Please note: Volunteer applications are processed on a regular basis. Suitable candidates will be contacted for entry into the on-boarding program, which includes:
1. Interview with staff/senior volunteer
2. Theoretical and practical orientations
3. Skills evaluation and ranking
4. Police check
5. For dog volunteers: purchase of a $30 starting kit, containing leash, gentle leader and poop
bags (approved personal equipment may be used)
6. Shadow shift with a senior volunteer
The Fine print:
- For insurance reasons, volunteers must be 18 years or older
- We require a minimum commitment of 3-4 hours per week (excluding personal vacation). This benefits the animals in that they become familiar with our volunteers and learn to trust them